|This article is about the book by Marc Shapiro. You may be looking for the book of the same name by Chas Newkey-Burden.|
|Adele: The Biography|
|Book by Marc Shapiro|
|Published||July 17, 2012|
|Publisher||St. Martin's Griffin|
Adele: The Biography is an unauthorized biographical book about Adele published on July 17, 2012. It was written by Marc Shapiro. The book is 224 pages long, and the story is 204 pages long.
At the end of the book, the Adele Wiki was cited as a major source used in the writing of the book.
Over the past year, Adele has taken the country by storm, sweeping the 2012 Grammy Awards and taking home six titles, including one for Album of the Year. The British singer-songwriter has been smashing records ever since her 2008 appearance on Saturday Night Live and her 2009 Grammy for Best New Artist. The success of her second album, 21, made her the first living artist since the Beatles to have two top-five hits in both the UK singles and albums charts. The album hit the #1 spot in 18 different countries. In the U.S., 21 is the longest running number one album by a female in Billboard history, surpassing Whitney Houston's The Bodyguard. To put it simply, her worldwide success is unmatched.
This one-of-a-kind book will provide answers to fans' burning questions, including:
- What was Adele's childhood like as the daughter of a single, teenage mother?
- Growing up, who were her biggest inspirations and influences in the music industry?
- As someone whose career depends on her voice, what was it like being diagnosed with a vocal cord hemorrhage?
- How did canceling her Adele Live tour affect her career?
- How did she make the decision to perform at the Grammys, while still recovering from vocal surgery?
- And much more!
A must-read for every Adele fan.
- The book incorrectly refers to the Lady Antebellum song covered by Adele and Darius Rucker as "Need to Know" rather than "Need You Now."
- The book also states that as a child, Adele was in Ushi Says: Hi!, which was not true; she appeared in it after she got discovered, after the release of her album 19.