|Song by Adele or Taylor Swift|
|Writer(s)||Adele Adkins, Taylor Swift|
“Broken Hearts” (alternatively titled “Shattered Hearts”) is a song written by Adele and Taylor Swift. It is speculated to be recorded either for Adele’s upcoming fourth studio album or Swift’s forthcoming re-recording of her 2012 album Red, titled Red (Taylor’s Version).
In June 2018, Adele attended one of Taylor Swift’s Reputation Stadium Tour shows in London, having previously cited Swift’s music — particularly “I Knew You Were Trouble” — as an inspiration during the writing and recording process of her third studio album, 25. Swift posted a photograph with Adele from the show on her Instagram account, prompting speculation that they may have been discussing collaborating on new music. The following April, there were reports that Adele had been seen at Swift’s house with recording equipment, fueling speculation that they were collaborating on new music. A source close to Swift later denied the reports.
On July 2, 2021, a song titled “Broken Hearts” — with the alternative title “Shattered Hearts” — was registered through the Society of European Stage Authors and Composers (SESAC) with both Adele and Swift listed as writers. Some Twitter users theorized that the song would be included on Swift’s recently announced re-recording of her fourth studio album Red as one of its “from the Vault” tracks that had not made the original 2012 release. One day after reports began circulating about the song’s existence, “Broken Hearts” was removed from the SESAC database, with an anonymous source claiming “there is no truth” to the reported collaboration.
- Taylor Swift on Instagram: “I’m so grateful for these women, for the words they’ve written and the worlds they’ve created through their art.. so stoked to have you at…”
- Is A Taylor Swift & Adele Collaboration On The Way? – Idolator
- Taylor Swift, Adele NOT Collaborating On New Music, Despite Reports – Gossip Cop
- Taylor Swift and Adele Spark Rumors They Have a New Song Together | Elle
- Spill Inc on Twitter: "🚨 Taylor Swift and Adele have co-written a song that may be one of the Vault tracks on RED (Taylor's Version)! The track appears to be called Broken Hearts (or Shattered Hearts). #TaylorSwift #Adele" / Twitter
- The Taylor Swift And Adele Collab Rumors Have Been Debunked | Vulture
- The Truth About Taylor Swift And Adele’s Rumored Collaboration - E! Online - CA