|“Send My Love (To Your New Lover)”|
|Music video by Adele|
|Adele video chronology|
|"When We Were Young"|
"Send My Love (To Your New Lover)" is a music video for Adele's song of the same name, taken from her third studio album, 25. The video premiered on May 22, 2016 during the Billboard Music Awards. The clip features Adele in front of a black backdrop. As the music video progresses, multiple semi-transparent shots of her dancing at the same time appear layered on top of one another in kaleidoscopic form. The layers were based on the line "we've gotta let go of all of our ghosts" in the song. The video was filmed in London and directed by Patrick Daughters.
During a show in Stockholm, Sweden, Adele confirmed that she had shot a video for "Send My Love (To Your New Lover)," revealing that she would be dancing in the video. On May 16, Adele posted a teaser of the video on her Instagram account confirming that it would be released on May 22. Shortly afterwards, Billboard confirmed via Twitter that the video would debut during the Billboard Music Awards.
|“|| [The initial pitch] would be something quite simple. We’d really focus on her performance. It related to one of the lines in the song actually, the line about letting go of her ghosts. This was a riff on that idea, the idea being that there would be different takes of hers that might be coming from slightly different places in terms of her emotions and her performance and we would be layering them together.
I think we did 12 takes. We looked at the song, the different layers of her vocals, that was one way to approach some layers. Some we did in a place that was emotionally more fresh. Then we had some takes that were a little bit more about really what the song's about, letting go of that stuff and getting past that and being more celebratory. After we had a few that we were really happy with, then we started to play with the emotions, the prevailing emotion in the take, and also a different reading. As we went along, we really built it together in terms of, we got it this covered this way. Let’s cover it this way on a different path.
In the video, Adele wears a floral long-sleeved gown designed by Dolce & Gabbana, which she chose herself; the choice stemmed from the need for an outfit that would contrast the dark background. It was also chosen to "flow" with her movements.
- ↑ http://www.billboardmusicawards.com/2016/05/new-adele-music-video-to-make-worldwide-debut-at-bbmas/
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Send_My_Love_(To_Your_New_Lover)#Music_video
- ↑ http://perezhilton.com/2016-04-29-adele-send-my-love-to-your-new-lover-music-video-dancing#.V0ocjZErK00
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BFdzSzUgfDS/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/BBMAs/status/732163839022628864
- ↑ http://www.eonline.com/news/765157/adele-to-debut-send-my-love-to-your-new-lover-music-video-at-2016-billboard-music-awards
- ↑ http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/22/adele-send-my-love-music-video-patrick-daughters
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adeles-dress-send-my-love-896495